- Indicator: SAFI to use advocacy, mobilization and litigation to assist communities to increase forest royalty from 60% to 80% and equalize royalty rights in the Malakand Division. Progress tracked through numbers of people mobilized in understanding their conservation based rights and increases in royalty.
- Indicator 1: SAFI to use advocacy, mobilization and litigation to assist communities to increase forest royalty from 60% to 80% and equalize royalty rights in Malakand Division.
- Indicator: SAFI to enable communities to strengthen their role in forest management by seeking amendments to the Forest Ordinance 2002 and the JFM Community Participation Rules 2004 enhancing the role and responsibilities of JFMCs and by making them more effective and participatory. Progress tracked through policy or legal reform and set up of effective JFMCs with increased community participation
- Indicator 2: SAFI to enable communities to strengthen their role in JFM and government is influenced to adopt people and environment friendly policies and decision making
- Indicator: SAFI to enable communities to participate in REDD related projects and policies through mobilization, advocacy and dialogue with a view towards protecting their rights. REDD is UN Project with the government providing financial incentives for forest management. Progress measured by examples of when community’s interests and consent taken into account in REDD implementation.
- Indicator3: SAFI to help communities to develop better understanding on REDD through capacity building events, dialogues and advocacy with a view towards protecting people’s rights through promoting more democratic and accountable system of REDD
- Indicator:Strengthen and revitalize SAFI as an organization, increase its membership base, expand in other areas. Initiate women membership and establish SAFI women committees at village level in select villages. Progress measured by number of new SAFI members in different areas and number of women membership and committees formed.
- Indicator 4: SAFI to evolve and put in-place more democratic organizational decision making structure, financial procedures and accountability mechanisms.
- Indicator: Assistcommunities to respect, streamline and protect women forest rights by mobilizing and amending customary laws. Progress will be measured by the number of resolutions passed by village committees to show greater respect for women’s rights and entitling forest women to receive forest royalty.